A Learner's Journey

Tennis Time!

| 2 Comments

Today I was inspired by some of my fellow “etmoocers” to try and create a gif. This is new to me although I have embedded one created by someone else onto my classroom blog. My gif tells the story of a lazy Sunday afternoon at home, where two of my boys have headed out into the backyard for our own Australian Open! Here it is …

If you would like to try creating one yourself, you can find some help here. I am wondering how this tool would be valuable in the classroom. Any thoughts …

1. Great job! I love the story it tells and have been wondering the same question – what are some creative and innovative ways we can use this tool in the classroom? I think they could be good for help students think through the steps of something and then creating a GIF (similar to the exercise of walking someone through how to make a sandwich, you don’t realize how many parts there are until you have to explain it). It could be a nice way for students to reflect and practice their knowledge. They could also be a neat medium for students to share small snippets or moments of their home lives/cultures. What do you think?

• Hi Maggie and thanks for your comment. I think all your suggestions are great ones and anything that helps our students think things through step by step has to be good. It woudk be a useful tool for communicating scenes from special events at school without having to video the whole thing too.
      Look forward to sharing some more ideas with you throughout the etmooc!
      Mary