A Learner's Journey

Here I Go!

| 0 comments

Having joined the twitter educational community 3 months ago and starting a class blog, here I am now starting my own! I have been on an amazing professional learning journey in the past few months which is invigorating and exciting.

Starting a class blog is something I had wanted to do for a while so in the last school holidays, it was time. After many hours playing around, it was up and running and 3/4 MK and I were away.

I have been astounded to see the far reaching impact of such a relatively simple change to my classroom practice. The students are highly motivated to record, write and publish the learning and events of our classroom to the blog and have continued to engage in the classroom after school and on holidays. The connections it has allowed to the world wide community of learners as well as our more immediate learning community have been wonderful and to see the excitement of the students when we receive comments has been great.

After some encouragement from our school bursar, I also opened a twitter account. What a revelation that has been! Just this week, I been a part of some stunning Professional Development that I would never have known about other than through twitter. I have been able to read some great articles, participate in educational chats, share ideas, visit other blogs and build a PLN in such an accessible and supportive environment.

And so my journey continues … it is an exciting and inspiring time to be in education!